Kansas City's Best Mosquito Control Program
- Kills (even insecticide-resistant) Aedes mosquitoes
- Kills mosquito larvae and pupae (inside trap & in surroundings)
- Reduces the risk of mosquito-borne virus transmission
- Field validated & published results
- Uses safe ingredients and is environmentally friendly
How does it work?
The black color, design, water and our special organic odor lure will attract egg-laying females. The Trap is designed to be attractive to Aedes mosquitoes in particular, who like laying eggs inside artificial containers. Other mosquito species, such as Culex mosquitoes can also be attracted to lay eggs inside the trap.
What effect will it have on my pets?
The active ingredients in our trap are not toxic to birds or mammals. We make use of a biological fungus that is only toxic to insects. The larvicide deployed in the trap specifically targets mosquito larvae and is not toxic to higher organisms in this low concentration. For example, in other products, this larvicide has even been approved by WHO for use in drinking water. Contaminated females will only spread tiny amounts of larvicide (a few micrograms) to other artificial small water bodies, which limits any risk for other aquatic organisms and fish.